[Pki-devel] Fwd: [Freeipa-users] SHA-1 certificate support

Andrew Wnuk awnuk at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 21:09:07 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 01:38 PM, Nalin Dahyabhai wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 04:02:53PM -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> I assume he'd have to modify a profile to do this?
> There are two signatures when you're talking about using a CSR to
> request a certificate from an external CA.
>
> There's the digest used for the signature that the issuer includes in
> the certificate.  In Dogtag, I believe that the allowed types are
> enumerated (by a signingAlgConstraint) in the profile, and the default
> is specified (as "ca.signing.defaultSigningAlgorithm") in the CA's
> CS.cfg file.

You can also specify default signing algorithm in the profile without
changing CA's default signing algorithm.

IPA's profile could but it does not specify default signing algorithm.
     See caIPAserviceCert.cfg:
policyset.serverCertSet.8.default.params.signingAlg=-

To specify default signing algorithm in the IPA profile, modify above
line by including signing algorithm from the constraint list.
     See caIPAserviceCert.cfg:
policyset.serverCertSet.8.constraint.params.signingAlgsAllowed=. . .