[Pki-devel] replication of new/modified profiles

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 07:08:05 UTC 2014

Thank you for all of the feedback on the LDAP profiles design.
There were a lot of interesting questions/comments/suggestions from
the Dogtag, FreeIPA and DS teams.  Most of this feedback has been
incorporated into the wiki. Alternative suggestions have been moved
to the History section in favour of the most strongly favoured
solution: LDAP-only profiles, and no automatic upgrades of default
profiles.

    http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/LDAP_Profile_Storage

The other important change to the document is more information about
how refreshing the profiles will be done, when modifications are
replicated from other clones.  Please review that section (and the
LDAP schema, as some new schema was added).

Finally, I have added my planned implementation steps to the
Implementation section, and without further ado, I am starting.  Of
course, I welcome ongoing discussion of the design; it can be
tweaked as necessary.

Fraser