[Pki-devel] [pki-devel][Patch] 0013-Initial-enrollment-progress.patch

Christina Fu cfu at redhat.com
Tue Jun 3 16:28:46 UTC 2014

Jack,

Overall, thanks for the refactoring.  It does make things easier to
read.  I understand there are still code to be filled.  Here are my
comments.

1. getConfiguredKeyType()
- The original code goes to loser if the keytype is undefined.  You
assigned "signing" as default.  I think the original code is probably better
- The original code verifies if the keytype gotten from config is one of
the TokenKeyType defined. You probably should add such check as well.

2. I noticed that the format() method does not take the skipAuth boolean
like before when enroll() has already done authentication. Wouldn't that
mean format() could result authentication being done twice if format is
forced (required) during enrollment?

3. a few typos
  - "TPSProcessor.enroll:" in debug should be "TPSEnrollProcessor.enroll:"
  - "TPSEnrollProcessor>enroll:" in debug should be
"TPSEnrollProcessor.enroll:"
  - "selelect" should be "select"

4. generateCertificates()
  - I see that EnrolledCertsInfo serves both as input and output, so
passing it in as a parameter is reasonable.  But why do you need to
return it?  And you didn't' really return it.  Or you can just do void
instead.  It already throws TPSException in case of errors.

5. I think there are a few missed "TODO".  If you happen to see them,
you might want to add to comment so we don't miss them.

6. I'm sorry I checked in my patch before you, so there will be
conflicts to be resolved.  Let's take one more look after your merge.

Christina