[Pki-devel] [RHEL 6.6] Revised patch for 'pki-core' . . .

Ade Lee alee at redhat.com
Fri Jun 20 13:02:07 UTC 2014

Couple of points.

1. The truncation test only works if the I/O buffer size is 8192 and no
more than one buffer has been written.  So its still possible that a
file could have been truncated - and still pass the truncation test.

I'm not sure there is a simple way to fix this test.  It is most likely
true though that CS.cfg will be larger than 8192 bytes, and this is the
default buffer size, so it *might* be OK to keep this test ..

2. I think time stamped config backups should occur automatically,
unless explicitly disabled.  That means that for old servers, where the
config parameter is not set, the default bahavior should default to true
(and not false).  There are a number of existing instances out there
that would benefit from this fix.

Ade