[Pki-devel] replication of new/modified profiles

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 07:07:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 06:00:25PM +1000, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 03:12:05AM +0800, Ade Lee wrote:
> > This is something that has been on the wishlist for awhile.
> > There is no mechanism at this point to replicate profiles.
> >
> > I agree that we should start this design.
> >
> > Ade
> >

> LDAP Profile Storage Design proposal (work in progress) is up on the
> wiki: http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/LDAP_Profile_Storage
>
> Input and feedback greatly appreciated, especially if anyone could
> give guidance on the LDAP schema - I have no prior experience with
> developing LDAP schemata.
>
> Have a nice weekend, all.
>
> Fraser

I've fleshed out the design proposal some more; getting close to
ready now, modulo feedback and general approval.

Particular sections for which I would appreciate feedback are:

- http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/LDAP_Profile_Storage#Relationship_to_file-based_profile_storage
  - whether deletion of file-based profiles should be prohibited
  - whether a *restore profile* method is needed

- http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/LDAP_Profile_Storage#LDAP_schema
  - Need feedback from people who understand LDAP schema better than
    I :)

- http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/LDAP_Profile_Storage#Cloning
  - Need feedback from people who know more than me about the
    cloning process.

Cheers,

Fraser