[Pki-devel] CLI for editing profiles

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 02:43:52 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 10:30:37AM +1000, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 08:26:57PM -0500, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
> > On 3/30/2015 2:26 AM, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
> > >New patchset for ldap profiles after a long time working on sub-CAs!
> > >
> > >4, 5, 6, 7, 8 have been ACKed previously.  #6 deserves renewed
> > >attention as the original (file-based) ProfileSubsystem has been
> > >restored, and the new subsystem now appears as LDAPProfileSubsystem.
> >
> > ACK for patch #6, just minor things:
> >
> Thanks; comments inline.
>
> > 1. The CMS_PROFILE_DELETE_DATABASEERROR probably can be renamed to a more
> > generic CMS_PROFILE_DELETE_ERROR because based on the message itself (i.e.
> > "Failed to delete profile") the database is irrelevant.
> >
> > 2. The CMS_PROFILE_DELETE_UNKNOWNPROFILE probably can be replaced with
> > CMS_PROFILE_DELETE_ERROR as well since the message is actually used to
> > describe unknown (i.e. generic) server problem, not unknown profile.
> >
> > 3. Please chain the exceptions, for example:
> >
> >   } catch (EBaseException e) {
> >       throw new EProfileException("CMS_PROFILE_DELETE_ERROR", e);
> >   }
> >
> 1, 2 and 3 have been addressed (trivial, so I'll spare you yet
> another patch to review).
>
> > >Comments on patch 9 inline below.

> > >Done.  Because the profile configStore is written and read directly
> > >by the ProfileService, the solution to achieve this is also in that
> > >class.
> >
> > I think the classId provided during createProfileRaw() and
> > modifyProfileRaw() should be stored in both mProfileClassIds Hashtable and
> > in classId LDAP attribute.
> >
> The classId gets stored in mProfileClassIds, and in the LDAP
> attribute, by the createProfile() method.

> > >Deferred.  Will file ticket.
> > >
> Filed https://fedorahosted.org/pki/ticket/1335

> > >Done.  Also fixed the ticket (#1220) while I was at it.

> > >Done.

> > >Deferred.  Will file ticket.
> > >
> Filed https://fedorahosted.org/pki/ticket/1336

> > >Deferred.  Will address before merge.
> >
> > Please check this issue in LDAPProfileSubsystem.createProfile() as well.
> >
> Have un-swallowed these exceptions.
>
> > Once #1 is fixed, it's ACKed. I think it's safe to push these patches to the
> > master branch (10.3) since it doesn't break the current code.
> >
> > I also created this ticket to enhance the profile CLI in the future:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/pki/ticket/1331
> >
> > --
> > Endi S. Dewata
> >
> Cheers!
> Fraser

Pushed to master

9d1d02c Add schema for LDAP-based profiles
1b44dcb Add LDAPConfigStore class
4785f08 Add LDAPProfileSubsystem to store profiles in LDAP
2af78ce Add ability to enable/disable dynamic subsystems
e4869e6 Import profiles when spawning CA instance
c4ee90c Update pki-profile CLI commands to work with "raw" format