[Pki-devel] RAEnrollProfile class; no longer needed?

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 06:45:00 UTC 2015

On master, I see no references to RAEnrollProfile outside the
definition of the class itself.  Can it be removed?  Read on for
context.

I need to modify CAEnrollProfile to populate the certificate Issuer
Subject Name with the DN of the appropriate CA.  Possible options
are.

- Change the signature of abstract method ``X500Name
  getIssuerName()`` to take a "sub-CA reference" argument.  I will
  have to modify subclasses (CAEnrollProfile and RAEnrollProfile)
  accordingly.

- Implement precisely the logic I need in the 'setDefaultCertInfo'
  instead of a call to 'getIssuerName()'

- Remove RAEnrollProfile if it is not needed any more, and merge
  EnrollProfile and CAEnrollProfile (it will no longer be abstract).
  Update 'getIssuerName' to take "sub-CA reference" argument.

Regards,
Fraser