[Pki-devel] [Pki-users] CS Server error

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 03:59:45 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 05:29:41PM -0800, Rafael Leiva-Ochoa wrote:
> Here you go....I hope you can help. I am already starting to use it in
> production testing...I would hate to start all over...: (

The error in your log is:

    [06/Dec/2016:23:28:45][localhost-startStop-1]: AuthSubsystem: initializing authentication manager flatFileAuth
    Property auths.instance.flatFileAuth.pluginName missing value
            at com.netscape.cmscore.base.PropConfigStore.getString(PropConfigStore.java:258)
            at com.netscape.cmscore.authentication.AuthSubsystem.init(AuthSubsystem.java:200)
            at com.netscape.cmscore.apps.CMSEngine.initSubsystem(CMSEngine.java:1169)
            at com.netscape.cmscore.apps.CMSEngine.initSubsystems(CMSEngine.java:1075)
            at com.netscape.cmscore.apps.CMSEngine.init(CMSEngine.java:582)
            at com.netscape.certsrv.apps.CMS.init(CMS.java:187)
            at com.netscape.certsrv.apps.CMS.start(CMS.java:1616)
    ... lots more traceback

This causes a shutdown of the Dogtag application (but not Tomcat
itself, hence it is still able to respond to HTTP requests).

Have you modified anything in /etc/pki/pki-tomcat/ca/CS.cfg
yourself?  If not, perhaps it was an update gone awry, or some other
corruption of CS.cfg.

The `flatFileAuth' properties in CS.cfg should be something like:

    auths.instance.flatFileAuth.authAttributes=PWD
    auths.instance.flatFileAuth.deferOnFailure=true
    auths.instance.flatFileAuth.fileName=/var/lib/pki/pki-tomcat/conf/ca/flatfile.txt
    auths.instance.flatFileAuth.keyAttributes=UID
    auths.instance.flatFileAuth.pluginName=FlatFileAuth

Try fixing that up and seeing if Dogtag starts.  If it does not,
please attach debug log (latter portions thereof) and the CS.cfg.

Thanks,
Fraser