[Pki-devel] port to tomcat 8.5?

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 8 07:48:59 UTC 2016

On 07.12.2016 21:54, Matthew Harmsen wrote:
> On 12/03/2016 04:00 AM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>> On 02.12.2016 12:01, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>>>     Hi
>>>
>>>    Debian recently switched to tomcat 8.5 which broke Dogtag. First
>>> issue that I found was that Http11Protocol is no more, need to use
>>> Http11NioProtocol. Fixing that it then fails with:
>>>
>>> 02-Dec-2016 11:26:05.270 SEVERE [main]
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initInternal Failed to
>>> initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8443]]
>>>   org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to initialize
>>> component [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8443]]
>>>          at
>>> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:113)
>>>          at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initInternal(StandardService.java:549)
>>>
>>>          at
>>> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:107)
>>>          at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initInternal(StandardServer.java:875)
>>>
>>>          at
>>> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:107)
>>>          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:606)
>>>          at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:629)
>>>          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>          at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>>
>>>          at
>>>
>>>          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
>>>          at
>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:311)
>>>          at
>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:494)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>>> org/apache/tomcat/util/net/ServerSocketFactory
>>>
>>> I see Fedora is still at 8.0, so no-one has tried 8.5 yet?
>> Looks like tomcat 8.5 breaks the build as well for both dogtag
>> and tomcatjss. Debian freeze is in Jan 5th, this needs to be fixed well
>> before x-mas just to be on the safe side :/
>>
>> dogtag build log: http://pastebin.com/gabUtiTy
>> tomcatjss build log: http://pastebin.com/3qrh5Eqp
>>

> Timo,
>
> I just looked in Bodhi, and the latest version of Tomcat in Fedora is
> 8.0.39 (currently in testing).
>
> What version of Tomcat were you using previously from which you upgraded?

8.0.39, upstream removed some stuff from 8.5:

https://tomcat.apache.org/migration-85.html

> Also, does Debian use JBoss?  If so, does Tomcat 8.5 work with that?

There are some packages that could be found searching for 'jboss', but
these seem to be just some libs and not the EAP:

libjboss-classfilewriter-java - bytecode writer that creates .class
files at runtime
libjboss-classfilewriter-java-doc - Documentation for JBoss Class File
Writer
libjboss-jdeparser2-java - Java source code generating library
libjboss-jdeparser2-java-doc - Documentation for libjboss-jdeparser2-java
libjboss-logging-java - JBoss Logging Framework
libjboss-logging-java-doc - Documentation for the JBoss Logging Framework
libjboss-logging-tools-java - create internationalized logger messages
and exceptions
libjboss-logging-tools-java-doc - Documentation for JBoss Logging Tools
libjboss-logmanager-java - implementation of java.util.logging.LogManager
libjboss-logmanager-java-doc - Documentation for JBoss Log Manager
libjboss-modules-java - Modular Classloading System
libjboss-modules-java-doc - Documentation for JBoss Modules
libjboss-xnio-java - simplified low-level I/O layer for NIO
libjboss-xnio-java-doc - Documentation for jboss-xnio
libjboss-marshalling-java - alternative serialization API
libjboss-serialization-java - JBoss Serialization