[Pki-devel] Migration procedure from rhcs 8 to 9

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 16:02:27 UTC 2016

On 6/7/2016 6:07 AM, Ade Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In a followup to my widely popular previous post on migrating a top
> level CA from RHCS 8 -> 9 (http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Migrating_
> a_ca_with_hsm_using_existing_ca_mechanism), I've added a non-HSM based
> version which does the migration using a PKCS #12 file to migrate the
> signing certificate.
>
> http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Migrating_a_CA_using_existing_CA_mech
> anism
>
> Comments/corrections etc. welcomed.
>
> Ade

I fixed the version numbers in both pages to clarify that these
instructions are for RHCS 9.1.

I think in practice it's unlikely that someone would put a hostname in
the following parameters so I'd suggest we remove it from the example
(or replace it with a domain name instead of hostname):

  pki_ds_base_dn=dc=host1.example.com-pki-rootCA
  pki_ds_database=host1.example.com-pki-rootCA

--
Endi S. Dewata