[Pki-devel] Design review request: RFC 2818 certificate compliance

Christina Fu cfu at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 18:20:49 UTC 2016

Hi Fraser,

I think the general idea looks good.  If tested to work, I actually
think you should have it replace the current caServerCert.cfg and make
it the default server cert profile for Dogtag.  So I'd suggest you name
things more generically.

Just for your reference, there is an implementation that injects SAN(s)
into server certs at time of Dogtag instance creation.  It also allows
one to put multiple SANs in one ssl server cert:
https://fedorahosted.org/pki/ticket/1316#comment:14
again, it's only limited to pkispawn option so it serves a different
purpose.

Christina