[Pki-devel] Integrating JSS into an existing java project

Jon Moroney jonm at rescale.com
Wed Nov 7 23:47:08 UTC 2018

Hey all,

Sorry if this question has been covered, I did a cursory search and came up with nothing.

I’m trying to integrate the signed JSS jar into my build to be used as a JCE provider for fips compliance and am running into issues. Using the java Security class I’m trying to set the JSS provider as the default security provider
```
Security.insertProviderAt(new JSSProvider() ,1);
```
This works, however when running my test suite I get about a billion errors which all seem to trace back to errors around the default PRNG provider. Ex.
```
Could not initialize class javax.crypto.JceSecurityManager
```
I’ve read that in order to use jss classes directly one needs to initialize the cryptomanager class. Is this necessary if I just want to use jss as a JCE provider? If so, how do I know what arguments to pass into the initialize function?

Thanks,
Jon