[Pki-devel] New update: PKI 10.6.7 and its deps

Dinesh Prasanth Moluguwan Krishnamoorthy dmoluguw at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 20:56:53 UTC 2018

Ok, I have an update which I think is the reason for the failure.

We placed 2 bodhi updates as follows:

(1) tomcatjss 7.3.6-1
(2) nuxwdog 1.0.5-2, dogtag-pki 10.6.7-1, pki-core 10.6.7-1

(However, for F29, all were combined into a single bodhi update. That's
why there were no issues reported against F29)

The problem is that we changed the deps for pki-core 10.6.7-1 to
require tomcatjss 7.3.6. Since they were placed as 2 separated updates,
bodhi is intentionally configured to avoid packages from a different
bodhi update entry.

Solution:
(1) Tomcatjss goes to stable in a day (10/12). We wait a day and ask
the openqa folks to retrigger the test (Recommended)
(2) We do a -2 release for tomcatjss and combine it with the existing
pki-core bodhi update -- tomcatjss 7.3.6-1 will be obsolete
automatically

The problem I see with (2) approach is that this will not only break
the sync that exists between packages in RHEL/Fedora but also between
Fedora release itself.

Regards,
Dinesh

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/pki-core-10.6.7-1.fc28%20nuxwdog-1.0.5-2.fc28%20dogtag-pki-10.6.7-1.fc28tomcatjss