[Pki-devel] Dogtag+FreeIPA: adapting to the Fedora mass orphaning

Dinesh Prasanth Moluguwan Krishnamoorthy dmoluguw at redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 15:06:02 UTC 2019

Here is my take on moving to modules (speaking from dogtag side of
things):
Pros:
* We would be version-focused instead of fedora-release focused [1]*
One source for multiple fedora-release [2]* Dogtag's future would be as
described in [3]
Cons:
* Dogtag's CI runs on Travis. Moving into modules would break the CI
workflow leading to a major restructure of upstream CI* In addition to
official releases via koji/bodhi, we do maintain an official COPR repo
(@pki/10.x). This would need to be reconfigured* Dogtag's nightlies run
on COPR. This would again need to be reconfigured.
Though in future modules MIGHT help us, the effort required to move
into modules (and to make it work) is releatively VERY HIGH.
[1]
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/modularity/architecture/building/#_modular_package_builds[2
]
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/modularity/architecture/building/#_building_one_source_for_multiple_releases[3