[Pki-devel] How to generate the certificate in pkcs #12 format using Dogtag PKI

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 04:29:41 UTC 2019

On Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 05:29:40PM +0530, Sharath wrote:
> HI Team,
>
> 1. Can you please help, how to generate the certificate using pkcs #12
> format??

Hi Sharath,

PKCS #12 is a key and certificate archival format.  The main use of
PKCS #12 in Dogtag is retrieving archived keys from the KRA (key
recovery authority).

If you have a certificate and the corresponding private key you can
create a PKCS #12 file using 'openssl pkcs12', or for keys in NSS
databases 'pk12util'.

If provide more context about your use case, we may be able to
provide more assistance :)

> 2. Is there any to validate the certificate with password using Dogtag PKI
> ??

Again, it's not clear what you're trying to do.  But with PKI you
never need a passphrase or private key to validate certificate
signatures.

Cheers,
Fraser