[Pki-devel] SSO

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Fri Jul 3 03:05:48 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jul 02, 2020 at 11:35:22AM -0400, Alex Scheel wrote:
> There's a proposal for GSS-API auth:
>
> https://www.dogtagpki.org/wiki/GSS-API_authentication
> https://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Dogtag_GSS-API_Authentication
>
> However, it isn't implemented yet. This would probably suffice for
> SSO though.

Although the design doc is called GSS-API Authentication, the
feature is actually a more general than that.  If you put Dogtag
behind a web frontend (e.g. Apache), you can authenticate users via
SAML or OIDC and convey the appropriate environment variables, and
it will work.  Dogtag just sees an external principal and their
groups conveyed via AJP request attributes.

Cheers,
Fraser