[Pki-users] Importing existing CA chain into new dogtag instance

Christina Fu cfu at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 15:30:04 UTC 2008

Hi, first of all, thank you for playing with Dogtag.
For the first question regarding doing SSL wiht FDS, you need to trust
the CA that signed the FDS's ssl server cert. We should have information
on  how to do this in the documentation.  If not, we need to add that.
As for your issue(s) regarding linking to an external CA, I believe
there could be some confusion.  I'm only guessing here.  Did you go
three all the steps under "action required" for the CA certification at
the "Requets and Certificates" panel during configuration?  In Step 2,
the pkcs7 chain it takes is only the CA chain, not the leaf
certificate.  And in a separate step (Step 3), it then takes a base64
encoded leaf cert.  Could it be that you missed one of the steps?  If
you have gone through all three steps at this point, the whole chain
should have been imported into the certdb with necessary trust marked.

Finally, I don't think any part of our software takes PEM format.  Try
to convert PEM to DER format and it should help.

Also, feel free to file bugs if you find any problem or inconvenience.

Hope this helps.
Christina