[Pki-users] Invalid Credential / User not found

Ebbe Hansen ehansen at spyrus.com
Tue Apr 29 01:14:48 UTC 2008

Thanks Jack,

I will try to export Agent's the PKCS#12 and then import it into another
client platform.

My initial problem "Invalid Credentials" may have occurred because I issued
a user-type certificate to the Agent itself when running the Agent for the
first time. This second certificate may hereafter have hindered a default
authentication session each time I restarted the Agent services (resulting
in the "Invalid Credentials" message). Only after I enabled the Linux/Fedora
LDAP authentication option was I presented with a choice so I could select
the proper Agent/Admin certificate needed for the initial authentication as
the WEB page is opened.

Instead of "cloning" the Agent/Admin certificate (and key - via use of the
PKCS#12) to another location, I would prefer to use a dedicated Agent
(assistance type) certificate template and apply for such certificate using
the EE WEB page from this alternative platform (to be approved by the
original Agent of course). Is such "Agent delegation" possible using the
current DogTag software?

Ebbe

"This message and any attached documents contain SPYRUS confidential and/or
proprietary information and may be subject to privilege or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. These materials are intended only for the
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this
electronic message, you are hereby notified that any use of this message is
strictly prohibited. Delivery of this message to any person other than the
intended recipient shall not constitute any waiver of any privilege. If you
have received this message in error, please delete this message from your
system and notify the sender immediately. Thank you."