[Pki-users] Modify Certificate Profies - include SubjectAltName

Marc Sauton msauton at redhat.com
Thu May 1 01:25:04 UTC 2008

Ebbe Hansen wrote:
> I have succeeded adding the SubjectAltName extension - it turns out the
> Policy settings in the DogTac CA is set to capture the "Requestor Email"
> field while the Subject's Email field is the value that go into the 'E='
> part of the DN!
>
> Is this by "intend" or can/should the Profile file(s) be modified to
> guarantee the email values in the DN and the SubjectAltName cannot be
> different (i.e. abounding a typical user-introduced error).

The dn can be customized in a profile, e.g.:
policyset.userCertSet.1.constraint.class_id=subjectNameConstraintImpl
policyset.userCertSet.1.constraint.name=Subject Name Constraint
policyset.userCertSet.1.constraint.params.pattern=UID=.*

The SubjectAltName extension configuration in a profile has just a
default value for an example which you can tune to your needs in a
profile, e.g.:
policyset.userCertSet.8.default.params.subjAltExtPattern_0=$request.requestor_email$

Profiles and the web ui can be customized.
Some doc links:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/cert-system/7.3/html/Administration_Guide/Certificate_Profiles-About_Certificate_Profiles.html
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/cert-system/7.3/html/Administration_Guide/Defaults_Reference-Subject_Alternative_Name_Extension_Default.html

M.