[Pki-users] error -12271 trying to ESC connect to TPS

Ebbe Hansen ehansen at spyrus.com
Tue Nov 25 01:44:29 UTC 2008

Jack,

I am trying to setup the initial "phone home" configuration with the
intent to Format a blank token.
The ESC User guide (and the ESC) is indicating the initial Phone Hole
connection must be secured using https (e.g.
"https://smartcardserver.example.com:7888").

When connecting to the Admin services for all other PKI components (CA,
DRM, TKS and TPS) a client certificate is required to gain access. The
error message I observe when trying to connect with the ESC indicates a
client certificate is also expected in this case - but I haven't found
anything in the ESC Guide that documents this?

Ebbe