[Pki-users] Cannot write to MasterCRL at CA startup

Marc Sauton msauton at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 02:01:42 UTC 2008

Adewumi, Julius-p99373 wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with this problem:  I configured Ldap-Publishing on
> Friday and after the weekend,
> Whenever the CA attempts to publish into tne MasterCRL it couldn't and
> also The Directory Server dies.

I will assume the "The Directory Server" is an external publishing
directory server for your ca instance.
If for any reasons the publishing directory is not running, you should
see some error messages in the ca debug or system logs.
Could you provide with exact platform info, rpm versions for jre,
rhpki-ca and redhat-ds, and some sanitized ca system and debug logs
along with matching publishing rhds error logs just before the
publishing directory shuts down, or contact off list?
Thx,
M.