[Pki-users] dogtag can't establish SSL connection to LDAP server

Jerome Fenal jfenal at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 20:58:52 UTC 2009

Le lundi 06 avril 2009 à 22:06 +0200, Simon Vallet a écrit :
> On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:59:13 +0200
> Jerome Fenal <jfenal at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> >   FDS != OpenLDAP...
> >
> > OpenLDAP is not a supported backend for Dogtag internal database. It may
> > work (or not), but definitely not supported.
>
> While certainly aware of that, I'm still interested in a technical
> rationale.

OpenLDAP does not support VLV operations, which is needed by the PKI.

Furthermore, this couple (PKI + DS) has been working successfully for
years, QA'd as well, so changing this critical part of the architecture
to lose in functionality would be rewardless.

> > To avoid such hassles, you may want to attend tomorrow's Tech Happy
> > hours, we'll discuss... Red Hat Certificate System. Fabien is already
> > scheduled to come, and you'll be welcome as well.
> > http://www.redhat.fr/events/happy-hour/agenda.php
>
> Unfortunately, such hassles are rarely completely avoidable. I'll
> probably attend, though.

See you tomorrow then.

Regards,

J.
--
Jérôme Fenal, RHCE                                       Tel.: +33 1 41 91 23 37
Solution Architect                                       Mob.: +33 6 88 06 51 15