[Pki-users] SSCEP enroll using CA

Chandrasekar Kannan ckannan at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 01:30:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 21:19 -0400, Fortunato wrote:
> Solved.
>
> The /var/lib/rhpki-ca/conf/flatfile.txt needed to be configured. (At least that section of the manual makes sense now.)
>
> And, mkrequest has to be run before the enroll request with the UID and PWD options, otherwise /var/log/rhpki-ca/debug complains about duplicate requests.
>
> --
>
> All this still begs the question, "How to use the RA to do this?" - but I'll leave that question alone for now.

from the docs for RA ..

SCEP Enrollment

        In a SCEP enrollment scenario, you use the EE interface to
        submit a request in order to retrieve a one-time PIN. The RA
        agent is notified of the request and, after validating the
        requestor, approves it. Approving the request generates a PIN.

        The manager gives this PIN to the router installer. On the
        router, the installer enters the URL to the RA and provides the
        one-time PIN. The enrollment can then be initiated.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/cert-system/7.3/html/Administration_Guide/Administration_Guide-Registration_Authority.html#Administration_Guide-Introduction-Enrollment_Types

Chandrasekar Kannan --  ckannan at redhat.com
Quality Engineering -- http://www.redhat.com