[Pki-users] smartcard purchase

Lawrence J Melton lawrence.j.melton at ugov.gov
Thu Aug 13 20:50:03 UTC 2009

It depends on what you mean by "for use with the DogTag system".  If you want tokens for your end users, the Gemalto Cyberflex e-gate 32k token, Safenet model 330, and iKey 2000 (USB fob with same chip as the model 330) or iKey 2032 (same as the iKey 2000 with 32k memory) work great.  I've never tried using a token for authenticating to Dogtag, but my understanding was if you can a token to work with mozilla, you should be able to get it to work with Dogtag.

Yes, you'll need the middleware and card management software.  The end user will need the middleware, and the sysadmins will need both.  I didn't know that DogTag included middleware, but then it's been a year since I downloaded it.

Larry