[Pki-users] Dogtag Installation on FC6

Chandrasekar Kannan ckannan at redhat.com
Sun Aug 30 14:30:03 UTC 2009

On 08/30/2009 01:12 AM, Rashmi Pawar wrote:
> Hi
> I am new to the Dogtag Certificate system. I have to install the
> dogtag certificate system on fedora core 6. I would appreciate help
> from pki-users who have successfully installed and are runing dogtag
> certificate system on linux.
> I read the explanantion on dogtag on
> http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PKI_Main_Page yet I have some
> questions before starting the installation. Following are the questions:
> 1. Do I have to install and run Apache service on the system on
> which I am going to implement dogtag?

not unless you need pki-tps or pki-ra subsystems. For pki-ca, pki-tks,
pki-ocsp, pki-kra you just need tomcat5.

> 2. I am confused about the configuration of all the PKI subsystems
> like CA,RA,DRM...etc. In the
> http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PKI_Main_Page the configuration of
> all subsyems is given but I dont understand from where do I get the
> configuration URL for each subsystem.

for example, once you run yum install pki-ca, the rpm post install
scripts run /usr/bin/pkicreate utility to create the default instance.
Upon creation of this default instance, pkicreate spits out the url for
configuration.

> 3. I have to integrate the setup with Checkpoint, so need steps on the
> integration.
no idea.