[Pki-users] Questions on customizing certificate profiles

Arshad Noor arshad.noor at strongauth.com
Thu Apr 8 17:55:15 UTC 2010

Can someone from the DogTag Engineering team confirm that a PKI
with only SHA-2 hashes *cannot* be built with the current version
of the product?

I find this hard to believe given that the RHCS documentation seems
to indicate that it is possible to do so, and given that the
underlying code already has SHA-2 support; nevertheless, can someone
confirm Oliver's finding?  Thanks.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.

P.S.  Since the RHCS 8.0 documentation does state that SHA-2 hashes
can be configured at the time the self-signed cert is created, does
that imply that the commercial RHCS is technologically different from
the open-source DogTag?  And, that it isn't just a question of RedHat
support?