[Pki-users] DCS Release Strategy

Chandrasekar Kannan ckannan at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 04:59:03 UTC 2010

On 02/10/2010 06:51 PM, Erwin Himawan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am in the process of evaluating various opensource PKI products and
> DCS seems very promising.  I started to pay more attention into the
> various releases of DCS when I encountered issues during installation
> and configuration.  Especially, when the installation and
> configuration issues seem to be resolved when I used the latest
> testing release.
>
> I might have missed some information about general DCS release
> strategy.  Here are some initial questions:
> 1. What does the number in the version represent? 1.1.0 (major.minor.??)
I'm guessing these pages might address what you are
looking for.

http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PKI_Release_Notes
http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PKI_Open_Source_History

> 2. Where and how to obtain patches for a particular release?
we are making efforts to make pki components a feature of
the Fedora Operating system. We believe it will be available
from F-13 onwards.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DogtagCertificateSystem

Patch strategy for F-12,F-11 are done as we find_issues/time
  - as rpm updates. They will be pushed to the fedora updates
repo. yum -y update <pkg> is all you would need to do
to get the patches.

HTH.

thanks,
--Chandra