[Pki-users] Copying subjectAltName from request to certificate

Rick Tracy rtracy at opencloudconsultants.com
Wed Apr 13 21:03:17 UTC 2011

New to DogTag here. We are currently evaluating the use of DogTag in a new
project.  One need that we have is to take two subjectAltName fields from
the CSR and include them in the certificate.  These are both currently
otherName UTF8String types with private OID's.  We have tried customizing
the profiles in .../profiles/ca/*.cfg and have been able to get default
subjectAltName fields included in the certificate, but we have
been unsuccessful in copying them from the certificate request.

Ideally, the value of these fields would be displayed to the agent before
approving the certificate if there is a way to do that too.

Is this possible with DogTag?  If so can anyone point me to information on
how to do this?

Thanks
Rick