[Pki-users] Exporting Keys from a Software Database

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 15:15:01 UTC 2011

On 02/16/2011 08:06 PM, Dave Augustus wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> Section 6.2 of the Install Guide discusses "Exporting Keys from a Software Database". The
> command to do this is:
>
> PKCS12Export -debug -d /var/lib/subsystem_name/alias -w p12pwd.txt -p internal.txt -o
> master.p12
>
> The manual never specifies "what" p12pwd.txt should contain. Same for "internal.txt".
>
> Of course, I know that these are passwords used during the installation process...
>
> But which ones?

p12pwd.txt == password(of your choice) for the PKCS12 file which contains the exported
certificates.

internal.txt == password of your alias db for the subsystem. This can be noted from
`/var/lib/pki-ca/conf/password.conf` and provide the value from this directive
internal=392978483900

(internal == internal NSS token db)

I believe they're explained in the 'Usage' when you run PKCS12Export on command line.

hope that helps

/kashyap