[Pki-users] cloning a CA fails

Alexander Jung alexander.w.jung at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:39:14 UTC 2011

Hello,

in the meantime i got it working. The problem was the master CA setup: after
instantating the ca the certs have been replaced by the certs from another
instance - but the entires clone*.privkey.id had not been updated.

After recognizing this I only had to match the (unsigned) output of certutil
-K with the (signed) params in CS.cfg. I did this by inserting some
"System.out.println" into com.netscape.cmsutil.crypto.CryptoUtil
findPrivateKeyFromID() and patching the new .class-File into the .jar-file.
Watching the catalina.out while trying to clone the ca gave then all needed
infos.

Another fresh install after that completed without problems.

Yours,

Alexander Jung