[Pki-users] Subject content ? Where are ST and L ?

Thomas Guthmann tguthmann at iseek.com.au
Wed Sep 28 22:54:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

Before using dogtag 1.3, I used CA.pl or tinyCA and in the subject we
had STate and Location which seem to not exist anymore when I create an
user certificate (profile=caUserCert). Is STate and Location deprecated
by any RFCs or has it proved useless for an user cert ?

With dogtag 1.3 we can only enable/disable the following inputs in the
Subject by tuning the profile :
     * UID (the LDAP directory user ID)
     * Email
     * Common Name (the name of the user)
     * Organizational Unit
     * Organization (the organization name)
     * Country (the country where the user is located)
Ref:
<http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Certificate_System/8.1/html-single/Admin_Guide/index.html#Subject_Name_Input>

So my questions are :
1. is it possible to enable ST and L in the subject for a user cert ?
2. If not, is there an alternative ?

I hope it is not too noob-ish questions :)

Cheers,
Thomas