[Pki-users] Backup/restore of Dogtag servers when migrating FC15 to FC17

Jamil Nimeh jnimeh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 19:21:50 UTC 2012

Hi all, I was looking at migrating the OS I run the CA, RA and OCSP on
from Fedora 15 servers to Fedora 17.  I saw the section in the admin
guide relating to backup/restore (sec 12.10 in the 8.1 guide) and wanted
to know if this approach will work when the restore is happening on a
different target OS than the source OS (i.e. FC17 from a FC15 source).

Has anyone tried it?  Any pitfalls I need to be aware of above and
beyond the stuff outlined in the documentation?

Thank you,
Jamil