[Pki-users] base64 CMC Request format

Elliott William C OSS sIT WilliamC.Elliott at s-itsolutions.at
Thu Oct 3 06:47:30 UTC 2013

We already use CMC enrollment (using profile caFullCMCUserCert) remotely from a RedHat system. It works without a hitch.  It requires (ala Docu) converting the requests to binary format with AtoB before sending them on with HttpClient to the CMC servlet (/ca/ee/ca/profileSubmitCMCFull), and then receiving the (binary-encoded) response.

When the card management system under windows sends a request - it is base64-encoded.  The CA cannot parse it and the authentication fails:

[02/Oct/2013:14:03:26][http-9543-3]: SignedAuditEventFactory: create() message=[AuditEvent=CMC_SIGNED_REQUEST_SIG_VERIFY][SubjectID=$NonRoleUser$][Outcome=Failure][ReqType=$Unidentified$][CertSubject=$Unidentified$][SignerInfo=$Unidentified$] agent pre-approved CMC request signature verification

Best regards,
Bill Elliott