[Pki-users] Question about ETSI TS 102 231

Jaime Hablutzel Egoavil hablutzel1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 21:26:34 UTC 2013

My question is the following one:

*What is the meaning of
http://uri.etsi.org/TrstSvc/eSigDir-1999-93-EC-TrustedList/SvcInfoExt/RootCA-QCfrom
ETSI TS 102 231 V3.1.2
*

>From Technical Spec

http://uri.etsi.org/TrstSvc/eSigDir-1999-93-EC-TrustedList/SvcInfoExt/RootCA-QC

a Root Certification Authority from which a certification path can be
> established down to a Certification Authority issuing Qualified
> Certificates. Only to be used as an extension, if the servicetype is
> http://uri.etsi.org/TrstSvc/Svctype/CA/QC
> But what is the purpose of having this URI associated to a TSPService
> withServiceTypeIdentifier http://uri.etsi.org/TrstSvc/Svctype/CA/QC?

Does it mean that if I have a prospective certificate path like this one:

 - A (root ca)
   - B (intermediate)
     - C (end user)

Where A is the only one registered in the TSL as a TSPService without
thehttp://
uri.etsi.org/TrstSvc/eSigDir-1999-93-EC-TrustedList/SvcInfoExt/RootCA-QCURIassociated,
I can't construct a valid certification path for B and C?

Is this the right place to make this kind of questions?? Or can you please
recommend the right place to me please?? Is there something like a user
mailing list or forum for ETSI Technical Specifications or IETF RFCs??

Thank you

--
Jaime Hablutzel -  RPC 994690880