[Pki-users] Disable the cipher RC4 for the web interface

Thibaut Pouzet thibaut.pouzet at lyra-network.com
Fri Apr 4 07:53:26 UTC 2014

Le 04/04/2014 00:26, Christina Fu a écrit :
> I just checked out the tomcatjss off IPA_v2_RHEL_6_ERRATA_BRANCH. It
> appears that it's missing the strictCiphers implementation.
>
> I will file a RHEL 6.5 bug for it and hopefully get it fixed.
>
> Christina
>

> On 04/03/2014 02:03 PM, Christina Fu wrote:

>>> Is it possible in the file /etc/pki-ca/server.xml
>>> there is till a trace of +SSL3_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA for
>>> ssl3Ciphers
>>> tls3Ciphers
>>> ?
>>> Thanks,
>>> M.
>>>

>> yes, that's exactly that.  Just remove the ones from tls3Ciphers.
>> What the "strictCiphers" does is to turn off everything but the ones
>> you allow on.
>>
>> Christina

Hi,

Marc :
I removed all RC4 ciphers from the file with the vim command
%s/+[A-Z_312568]*RC4[A-Z_123568]*,//g  and double-checked a couple of
time, there is no way I missed this and that there are still RC4 ciphers
manually enabled inside this file.

Christina :
Allright, let us know when you filled the bug with the technical
elements you found ! I'll be glad to follow this, thank you for your
time searching for this !

Cheers,

--
Thibaut Pouzet