[Pki-users] (SOLVED) Error "A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider"

Ricardo Alexander Perez Ricardez rperez at pgjtabasco.gob.mx
Wed Aug 27 00:57:48 UTC 2014

When I try to import a certificate, I get the following error:

VBScript

“Error in InstallResponse. Error Number 800B0109
ocurred.CertEnroll::InstallResponse: Se procesó correctamente una cadena de
certificados, pero termina en un certificado de raíz no compatible con el
proveedor de confianza.  0x800b0109 (-2146762487)”

VBScript

“Error in InstallResponse. Error Number 800B0109
ocurred.CertEnroll::InstallResponse: A certificate chain processed, but
terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.
0x800b0109 (-2146762487)”

SOLUTION:

Make sure that the root certificate is installed in the trusted root store.
You also might have to make sure any intermediate certificates are installed
in the intermediate store.

Some references:

http://www.networksteve.com/forum/topic.php/A_certificate_chain_processed,_b
ut_terminated_in_a_root_certific/?TopicId=14617&Posts=2

https://www.vandyke.com/products/vshell/docs/windows/Use_X.509_Certificates.
htm

http://technet.microsoft.com/es-ES/library/bb331963(v=exchg.141).aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2078942