[Pki-users] Subordinate CA setup procedures

Ade Lee alee at redhat.com
Fri Dec 19 18:01:04 UTC 2014

pkispawn -s CA -f subca.cfg

Here's a sample config file:

[DEFAULT]
pki_admin_password=password123
pki_client_database_password=password123
pki_client_pkcs12_password=password123
pki_ds_password=password123
pki_security_domain_password=password123
pki_security_domain_hostname=dogtag.example.com
pki_security_domain_https_port=8443
pki_security_domain_user=caadmin
pki_ajp_port=8010
pki_tomcat_server_port=8006
pki_https_port=8453
pki_http_port=8090
pki_instance_name=pki-subca

[CA]
pki_subordinate=True
pki_issuing_ca=https://dogtag.example.com:8443
pki_ca_signing_subject_dn=cn=subca signing, o=example.com

Some notes:
1. The issuing CA and security domain port settings are for the root CA.
2. The other port settings and the pki_instance_name are set because I
installed the sub CA on the same host as the root CA.  You can take the
defaults on these if the subCA is on a different host.