[Pki-users] ECC entity certificate signing and Dogtag

sbernst at gmail.com sbernst at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 17:02:05 UTC 2014

Hi there... It has been suggested that this is likely a question for CFU (Christina).

How and where do I get the libraries to get ECC working on DogTag on FC20?  Specifically looking to sign client side generated PKCS#10 key blobs.  The Dogtag 10 release from 17 Jan 2013 suggested that this might be supported, but Info from the link below says that, “Certicom software tokens could not be used because of an issue with malformed private keys.”

https://www.redhat.com/archives/pki-users/2013-January/msg00001.html

So what all is required to sign ECC generated requests? (not planning on use of TMS interface at this point). I saw that bug Bug 986831 says that, “Some tools are broken for ECC with NSS token alone,” (from the 10.1 release announcement from November of last year https://www.redhat.com/archives/pki-users/2013-November/msg00001.html) but I'm not authorized to view its details.  (I mention this to demonstrate that I'm trying to do my homework on this issue before asking for help.)

Thank you so much, in advance, for any and all help.

- Steven