[Pki-users] Extending PKI scriptlet for pkispawan in 10.0

Ade Lee alee at redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 15:26:10 UTC 2014

Anamitra,

This type of customization is exactly what the scriptlet mechanism was
designed for.  The steps aren't documented yet, but they are pretty
straightforward.

In /etc/pki/default.cfg, there is a list of scriptlets
(spawn_scriptlets) and (destroy_scriptlets) which lists the scriptlets
that are invoked when pkispawn and pkidestroy are invoked.  They are
invoked in the order in which they are listed.

You can override the definition of these variables in the DEFAULT
section of your pkispawn custom config file.  That *should* work, but if
it doesn't, you can customize within the default.cfg file.

Keep in mind though that this list sometimes (very infrequently) changes
when updates are made and you will have to make sure that updates are
incorporated in your scriptlet lists.

Your scriptlet should be deployed
to /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pki/server/deployment/scriptlets/
and of course have a different name from any other scriptlets there.
Try to make sure the name of your scriptlet is unique enough so as not
to conflict with scriptlets that could be added in future updates.

They should define a PkiScriptlet class:

class PkiScriptlet(pkiscriptlet.AbstractBasePkiScriptlet):
    def spawn(self, deployer):
        pass

    def destroy(self, deployer):
        pass

You've probably already done this - but see the current scriptlets in
that directory as examples.

Let us know how it goes, and if you run into any problems!

Ade