[Pki-users] Dogtag 10.1 Question

JACKSON, BOYD R bj2917 at att.com
Fri Mar 28 15:36:52 UTC 2014

Hello everyone, does anyone on the list know where we can get answer for the questions below?

What’s the appropriate procedure(s) for generating SSL certificates on behalf of someone and/or only dogtag administrators generating the ssl certificate for users/clients?

How or can we edit the Certificate Profiles;  For example, if we generate a certificate with private key archival like the Manual User Signing and Encryption Certificates Enrollment, we can do that as a caAdmin, then retrieve the private keys, and then save out a pkcs12 file that we could give to a client for importation into their browser without ever having someone other than a caAdmin use the dogtag server.   Unfortunately, that profile is only generating a certificate for email.  We need SSL.    Then, how do we enable either a custom profile, or another profile that has the capabilities we would prefer?

Boyd Jackson

AT&T Government Solutions

Cell- 703-314-9173

Fax- 212-202-5261