[Pki-users] blog post: certificate profiles (part 1)

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Mon May 12 06:49:38 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've been encouraged to blog my learnings/development of
FreeIPA/Dogtag.  Without further ado, I present my first post, which
is on the topic of certificate profiles and the certificate request
process.

In particular I examine the relationship between the PKCS #10 CSR
format and the Dogtag Enrolment Request process, including what can
cause summary rejection, and information in a CSR that are ignored
by Dogtag.

I'd appreciate a quick skim by those familiar with the profile
system (to make sure I'm on the right track / not telling gigantic
lies) as well as any general feedback.

Link: http://blog-ftweedal.rhcloud.com/2014/05/dogtag-certificate-profiles-certificate-requests/

Cheers,

Fraser