[Pki-users] Can OpensSSL be used as external CA ?

kritee jhawar kriteejhawar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 10:23:00 UTC 2014

Sorry for the incomplete reply, the mail got sent by mistake.

Hi Christina

When using Dogtag as external CA I had provided only the self signed
certificate as pkcs7 (the same way I did for OpenSSL) and it had worked.

The idea behind this was we needed a constant trust anchor to be burnt into
the devices(which will function as clients). Initially I tried to find a
way to provide a static root certificate to dogtag so that even after the
crash it will come up with the same certificate. However i didnt find
anything.
Then I moved onto the  external CA option.
Now when i tried with a chain of 2 certificates (self signed cert for
openssl + cert signed by openssl for dogtag) I get the same error as
before.

Thanks
Kritee