[Pki-users] Can OpensSSL be used as external CA ?

kritee jhawar kriteejhawar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 02:55:14 UTC 2014

Hi Christina

I was undertaking this activity last month where Microsoft CA didn't work
out but Dogtag as external CA did.

While using Microsoft CA or OpenSSL CA, pki spawn goes through without any
error but dogtag stops communications to 389ds. Upon calling the rest Api
/ca/rest/certs I get a "PKIException error listing the certs".

Is there a particular format for the ca cert chain that we need to provide
? I was trying to reverse engineer the chain provided by dogtag.

Thanks
Kritee