[Pki-users] How to setup PKI CA to ask for passwords at startup?

Aleksey Chudov aleksey.chudov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 09:58:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

The password.conf file stores system passwords in plaintext, and I prefer
to enter system passwords manually and to remove the password file.

I have found original documentation
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Certificate_System/8.1/html/Admin_Guide/System_Passwords.html.
But it is for older version on PKI and does not work with systemd.

How to setup PKI CA to ask for NSS DB password at startup?

Packages versions (I have rebuilt F22 packages for CentOS 7):
# rpm -qa | grep pki
pki-base-10.2.5-1.el7.centos.noarch
pki-server-10.2.5-1.el7.centos.noarch
dogtag-pki-server-theme-10.2.5-1.el7.centos.noarch
pki-ca-10.2.5-1.el7.centos.noarch
pki-tools-10.2.5-1.el7.centos.x86_64
dogtag-pki-console-theme-10.2.5-1.el7.centos.noarch

Aleksey