[Pki-users] error 207 (net::err_cert_invalid)

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 06:45:15 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 03:45:03PM +1000, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 10:55:39PM -0600, Ricardo Alexander Alexander Perez Ricardez wrote:
> > When I try import a certificate I get this message:
> >
> > error 207 (net::err_cert_invalid)
> >
> > I use google chrome browser on linux
> >
> Can you provide more information?  Can OpenSSL successfully parse
> the certificate?  Are you trying to import a CA/server certificate
> or a user certificate (PKCS #12 format)?
>
> Regards,
> Fraser

OK I reproduced the issue.  It seems to be a quirk of Google Chrome
(it expects DER, not PEM; see
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/xAk3G8ClKYI).

If you can use Firefox instead, it will work, although you will have
to enrol anew.

I will file a ticket about the Chrome behaviour.

Cheers,
Fraser