[Pki-users] Configure externally acquired private key and certificate

Christina Fu cfu at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 16:03:56 UTC 2015

On 06/25/2015 11:23 AM, Jain, Mahendra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've DogTag 10.1.2 setup with externally signed CA (using the steps
> outline in the link below) and the setup works perfectly fine:
>
> http://man.sourcentral.org/f18/8+pkispawn
>
> I would like to know if DogTag also supports configuring externally
> acquired private key and certificate.
>
> In other words, If I generate the private key and CSR using openssl
> and submit CSR to CA for certificate.
> Once the CA issued the certificate, I would like to setup DogTag using
> the existing private key (created using openssl) and certificate.

Hi, I'm sorry I read your questions a few times and I'm not certain what
you wish to do.  What would you like to use this certificate for?  For
example, is this an SSL server cert, or CA signing cert? etc.  And you
mean in another new Dogtag instance, or are you talking about replacing
certain system cert of the CA you just set up?