[Pki-users] US Government SmartCard question

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Fri May 1 21:49:18 UTC 2015

I will start poking around to see if I can't get a dummy card. Since I'm just a lowly user it may take some wheedling.

Honestly, anything I tell you would be guesswork and hearsay. Our SAML IdP [1] talks about it like it's a PIV. The General Services Administration operates the centers where we go get them issued, and across the civilian agencies, they are known as "USAccess" credentials. [2] I really couldn't tell you whether we're compatible with DoD cards (which guesswork and hearsay leads me to believe is the source of the CAC acronym).

[1] https://www.eauth.usda.gov/Login/login.aspx
[2] http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/27240