[Pki-users] Can I change the CN = CA Signing Certificate to something else?

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Fri May 15 06:05:19 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 12:29:19AM -0500, Ben Peck wrote:
> I'm running Fedora 21 with Dogtag 10.2.1-3. My CA's Certificate was given
> "CA Signing Certificate" as its CN, and I'm wondering how it got that way
> and it might be customized on install.
>
> Running pkispawn interactively definitely didn't give me an opportunity to
> supply a name, and looking over the config file I could customize also
> doesn't seem to provide an opportunity to customize this:
>
> Dogtag 9 gave the opportunity to customize this as part of the initial
> setup - where is this done in version 10?
>
> thanks,
> Ben

Hi Ben,

pkispawn(8) does not ask what yo uwant the CN to be, but you can
tell it via a configuration file.

Minimal pkispawn(8) configuration file:

  [DEFAULT]
  pki_admin_password=4me2Test
  pki_client_database_password=4me2Test
  pki_client_pkcs12_password=4me2Test
  pki_ds_password=4me2Test

  [CA]
  pki_profiles_in_ldap=True
  pki_ca_signing_subject_dn=cn=YOUR CN HERE

Spawn an instance:

  $ pkispawn -s CA -f your-config.conf

Hope that helps!
Fraser