[Pki-users] How to renew the admin certificate

Ha T. Lam hatlam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 04:29:07 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We have a Dog Tag system hosted on Fedora inside a VirtualBox, our admin
certificate has unfortunately expired, so the web interface complains that
the cert is invalid. I've managed to rewind the clock and authorized myself
a PKI Administrator certificate following this thread:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/pki-users/2013-October/msg00008.html

I'm now trying to import the new certificate into the system. The thread
mentioned doing it through the pkiconsole, but I have not been able to get
it to work, when I typed:

pkiconsole https://ca02.mycompany.com:8433/ca

I don't get any error message, but I don't see any console either. I
suspect this is because I'm ssh-ing into a virtualbox and the display is
not set correctly.

My questions are:
1. Does the process I mentioned above make sense? I'm new to dogtag and
still learning about it.
2. If I'm on the right track, is there a command line option for pkiconsole?

Thank you for your help,
Ha