[Pki-users] How to renew the admin certificate

Ha T. Lam hatlam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 22:12:35 UTC 2016

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I've managed to get ssh -X sorted
out because when I typed

pkiconsole https://ca02.mycompany.com:8433/ca

I get a dialog box asking for User ID and Password. From our conf file, I
put in the  pki_admin_uid and pki_admin_password, the dialog box went away,
but nothing else happened. I also tried using pki_client_pkcs12_password
but with the same result. Looking at the log
file /var/log/pki/pki-tomcat/localhost_access_log.2016-04-25.txt, I see

"POST /ca/auths HTTP/1.0" 200 27

At this point, I'm not sure if it's because I put in the wrong
authentication or if I'm still having problem with the pkiconsole. I've
been trying to setup vncserver as you recommended but haven't had much luck.

I stumbled on the pki commands and it looks like I can use them to install
client certificate, are they equivalent to the pkiconsole?

Thanks,
Ha